Pages

Slideshow

Tomework Is Getting Licensed

Wednesday, February 8, 2012


I wanted to give Tomework a good two month trial before going through the trouble of getting a business license. To be honest, I wasn’t 100% sure I could make an editing business work. Thankfully it’s worked out just fine so far. I’m committed to making this business grow and serve for years to come.

Basically, having this business licensed will mean that I (as Tomework’s owner) am held accountable by someone (the state of Utah). Seems I’ll be needing a business license in the upcoming tax year anyways, so I figured on getting the process out of the way sooner than later.

That’s how I understand it at least. Legalese isn’t my best hand. In fact, I really despise that mode of writing. Convoluted wording has never helped anyone understand the subject better. Regardless of my opinion of legal rhetoric, I’m done with the paperwork on my end. Now I just have to sit back and wait to get approved, which the Saint George Licensing Office said could take up to a month. I’ll update everyone when that happens.

No comments :

Post a Comment